palaeoverse is an R package developed by palaeobiologists, for palaeobiologists.
The aim of
palaeoverse is to generate a community-driven software package of generic functions for the palaeobiological community. The package does not provide implementations of statistical analyses, rather it provides auxiliary functions to help streamline analyses and improve code readability and reproducibility.
- Lewis A. Jones, Universidade de Vigo
- William Gearty, American Museum of Natural History
- Bethany J. Allen, ETH Zürich
- Kilian Eichenseer, Durham University
- Christopher D. Dean, University College London
- Sofía Galván, Universidade de Vigo
- Miranta Kouvari, University College London/Natural History Museum
- Pedro L. Godoy, University of São Paulo/Stony Brook University
- Cecily Nicholl, University College London
- Lucas Buffan, École Normale Supérieure de Lyon
- Erin M. Dillon, Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute/University of California
- A. Alessandro Chiarenza, Universidade de Vigo
The stable version of
palaeoverse can be installed from CRAN using:
The development version of
palaeoverse can be installed via GitHub using:
# install.packages("devtools") devtools::install_github("palaeoverse-community/palaeoverse")
How to contribute?
If you are interested in contributing to the
palaeoverse R package, you can do so by following these guidelines. We have also adopted a set of standards and structure to follow for contributing to the project. If you would like to contribute to
palaeoverse, we strongly advise reading this document.
Code of Conduct
As with any community project, society, or meeting we feel it is important to established some expectations of behaviour in the
palaeoverse community. Please read our code of conduct, and reach out if you ever face any issues. Everyone has the right to live and work in a harassment-free environment.
If you use the palaeoverse R package in your work, please cite as:
Jones, L.A., Gearty, W., Allen, B.J., Eichenseer, K., Dean, C.D., Galván S., Kouvari, M., Godoy, P.L., Nicholl, C., Dillon, E.M., Flannery-Sutherland, J.T., Chiarenza, A.A. 2023. palaeoverse: A community-driven R package to support palaeobiological analysis. Methods in Ecology and Evolution. doi: 10.1111/2041-210X.14099.
Hexlogo by Miranta Kouvari and Cecily Nicholl